During his visit to Sydney in 2016, Ron Rolheiser recommended a book called "The Grace in Dying: How We Are Transformed Spiritually as We Die" by Kathleen Dowling Singh. She sees a clear correlation between the inner journey of the dying process and the spiritual journey to which she believes we are all called.
"It is a book of great comfort and hope that not only explains the spiritual journey in contemporary language but compellingly invites us to awaken what is within us" ~ Patricia Gemmell
In six reflection mornings throughout the year, we will be studying extracts from this book, spending an hour in silent reflection before sharing thoughts with the group.
The program is as follows:
- 28 February: What dying teaches us about the spiritual journey
- 11 April: The psychospiritual stages of dying - from chaos to transcendence
- 30 May: The journey to ego – how we develop into adults
- 8 August: The path of return – dying to self
- 10 October: The path of transformation – part one
- 14 November: The path of transformation – part two
The reflections will take place at the Grail Centre, 22 McHatton Street, North Sydney, on Tuesdays from 10 am to 12 noon. For more information, visit our Events page.